On Wednesday, the market value of Nykaa, a cosmetics start-up, topped 1 lakh crore, making it a huge success. The firm that owns the Nykaa brand, FSN E-Commerce Ventures, commenced trading on the National Stock Exchange for 2,018 per share, up 79 percent from its issue price of 1,125 per share. Nykaa shares debuted for trade at 2,001 on the BSE, up 78% from the issue price. On the NSE, Nykaa shares soared as much as 99 percent to an intraday high of 2,235.
Here are five things you should know about Nykaa’s extensive listing:
- Nykaa’s three-day initial public offering (IPO), which ended on November 1, drew a large amount of interest, with the offer being subscribed 82 times.
- FSN ECommerce Ventures Limited’s initial public offering (IPO) got over 200 crore bids against 2.64 crore shares on offer, raising Rs.5,352 crore.
- Nykaa’s IPO consisted of a 630 crore fresh issuance and a 4,722 crore offer for sale. One lot of 12 Nykaa shares in the IPO cost 13,500 at the upper end of the price band.
- Qualified institutional purchasers flocked to Nykaa’s IPO in droves, with the portion earmarked for them being subscribed 91.18 times. According to data from the National Stock Exchange, foreign institutional investors (FIIs) placed bids for over 74 crore shares, while domestic financial institutions (banks/financial institutions(FIs)/insurance firms) placed bids for over 30 crore shares.
- The amount reserved for regular investors was 12 times subscribed, and the number of shares reserved for non-institutional investors was nearly 100 times subscribed.