The upcoming G20 Summit in Delhi is scheduled to begin on September 9th. The event will span two days, bringing together delegates from member and guest nations.
Throughout the summit, delegates will participate in conversations covering a wide range of economic reforms. The event will culminate with the endorsement of a G20 Leaders’ Declaration. This statement will encompass the identified priorities and agreements reached during the discussions. As the capital city prepares to host this global event in the coming month, gain comprehensive insights into the upcoming G20 Summit.
Venue of G20 Summit in Delhi
The G20 Summit’s venue is the ‘Bharat Mandappam’ within the ITPO Convention Centre, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. The summit is scheduled for September 9th and 10th. Apart from the main venue, international delegates will also explore notable locations in the capital, including Rajghat, IARI Pusa, and NGMA (Jaipur House).
Schedule of G20 Summit
- September 3-6: 4th Sherpa Meeting
- September 5-6: Finance Deputies Meeting
- September 6: Collaborative Gathering of Sherpas and Finance Deputies
- September 9-10: G20 Summit Ministers’ Meeting
- September 13-14: 4th Session of Sustainable Finance Working Group in Varanasi
- September 14-16: 4th Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion Meeting in Mumbai
- September 18-19: 4th Framework Working Group Meeting in Raipur
G20 Summit 2023: Emblem
Drawing inspiration from India’s national flag, the G20 Logo showcases the vibrant colors of the ‘Tiranga’ – saffron, white, green, and blue. The seamless integration of a lotus in white, green, and blue, along with the Earth, enhances the emblem’s aesthetic appeal. Amidst the backdrop of increasing climate change impact, the Earth in the logo serves as a reminder of the pressing need for environmentally conscious actions. The Devanagari script beneath the G20 logo spells out ‘Bharat.’
G20 Summit 2023: Theme
The global summit is centered around the theme “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” or “One Earth · One Family · One Future.” This theme, drawn from the ancient Sanskrit text Maha Upanishad, encapsulates the message of global unity and serves as a fitting motto for this international gathering.
Additionally, the theme underscores the concept of LiFE, symbolizing environmentally sustainable and responsible decisions. These choices hold significance not only at an individual level but also on a national scale.
As public holidays are declared and movement constraints are imposed, the Delhi Police has issued a comprehensive guide for citizens in the city during the G20 Summit (scheduled for September 8-10 at India Trade Promotion Organisation complex, Pragati Maidan). Whether you’re in Delhi or traveling to/from the city during September 8-10, here’s your essential information.
What Will Be Unavailable in Delhi from September 8-10
- Government departments, offices, organizations, and educational institutions
- Private offices and educational institutions
- Commercial banks, financial institutions, shops, and businesses within the New Delhi Police District’s jurisdiction
Furthermore, between 5am on September 9 and 11:59pm on September 10, no three-seater auto rickshaws and taxis will be permitted to enter or operate within the New Delhi District. However, taxis transporting legitimate residents and tourists with valid hotel bookings in the New Delhi District will be allowed to travel on the district’s road network.
Roads to Steer Clear of During G20 Summit
Delhi Police has advised commuters to stay away from areas located within the designated Regulated and Controlled Zones:
- During the G20 Summit, New Delhi district will be categorized as “Controlled Zone-I” from 8th to 10th September between 5am and 11.59pm. Only authorized vehicles, emergency vehicles, and residents will have road access within this area.
- The zone inside Ring Road (Mahatma Gandhi Marg) will be designated as a “Regulated Zone” from 8th to 10th September, 5am to 11.59pm. Only authorized vehicles, emergency vehicles, airport-bound passengers, and travelers to Old Delhi and New Delhi Railway Stations will be allowed beyond Ring Road towards New Delhi District.
- Furthermore, certain roads and intersections will be marked as “Controlled Zone-II” from midnight to 2pm on 10th September. This includes areas like Vikas Marg (up to Noida Link Road-Pusta Road), Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, Delhi Gate, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg (from Rajghat to Guru Nanak Chowk), and Mahatma Gandhi Marg (from Delhi-Meerut Expressway T-Point to Kashmere Gate). Limited access can be anticipated within this zone for a portion of 10th September.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques: What is the G20 Summit 2023?
Ans: The G20 Summit 2023 is an international gathering of representatives from the world’s major economies to discuss and collaborate on economic reforms, global issues, and cooperation.
Ques: When and where will the G20 Summit 2023 take place?
Ans: The summit will be held in New Delhi, India, at the ‘Bharat Mandappam’ at ITPO Convention Centre, Pragati Maidan, on September 9-10.
Ques: What will be discussed at the summit?
Ans: Representatives will engage in discussions about diverse economic reforms and global challenges. The summit concludes with a G20 Leaders’ Declaration outlining priorities and agreements.
Ques: Are there any road closures or restrictions during the summit?
Ans: Yes, certain zones will be controlled or regulated during the summit, affecting road access in New Delhi. Commuters are advised to check the advisory and plan their routes accordingly.
Ques: What impact does the G20 Summit have on global affairs?
Ans: The G20 Summit plays a crucial role in shaping global economic policies, addressing pressing issues, and fostering international cooperation among major economies.
The G20 Summit 2023 holds immense significance as a platform for global discussions on economic reforms and international cooperation. As member and guest nations gather in New Delhi, the theme “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” underscores the importance of unity in addressing global challenges. With a rich schedule of meetings, discussions, and declarations, this summit promises to contribute to the pursuit of a better future for all. Stay informed and engaged as the world watches this dynamic event unfold.
Stay informed with the latest updates and breaking news, brought to you by radiumnews.